Challenging Behaviour with Jon Cree
3 DAY COURSE WITH THE OPTION OF A LEVEL 3 ACCREDITATION.
Cost: £325 for the 3 day course, £55 for the Accreditation (optional). This is a Level 3 West Midlands Open College Network Accredited Course.
Time: 09.00 - 17.00.
- What challenges us as leaders in the outdoors
- Theory on challenging behaviour
- Up-to-date neural research; triggers and causes for challenging behaviour
- Ways of dealing with 'real life' scenarios in the outdoors
- How to transfer outdoor strategies into an indoor and other settings - including looking at the validity of sanctions and rewards.
- Reviewing your own policies
- Welcome, introductions and how we work together
- What is behaviour – our challenges
- Overview of course – Assessment criteria and learning journal
- 4 Theories of Behaviour, (behaviourism) Skinner and Bandura, (Psycotherapy) Vaillant and Freud, (humanism) Rogers (constructivism) Kohn, Glasser and Rosenburg
- Course expectations
- Magic Spot – qualities the outdoors brings to 'affecting behaviour'
- Needs met and unmet by the outdoors for me and my clients
- Responding in the moment – the role of EI, Empathy and de-escalation
- Personal ecology – how I see myself, how others see me
- Neural Development including the adolescent brain
- How the outdoors meets my needs and particularly working with groups and challenging behaviour in the outdoors – link to 'feelings'
- 'Reading' our learners
- Empathic language and communication
- The 'isms'
- Intervention strategies and de-escalation
- Participants Scenarios, Planning and simulation
- Revisit scenarios and de-escalation
- The challenging behaviour First Aid Kit and Support Networks
- The whole cycle and how to work with each part of a behavioural cycle
- Review own Policies and Procedures
- Back to Assessment criteria, Personal Learning Journals, Paperwork for portfolios
- Review and Action plans
'Jon was an excellent trainer. I found it a great strength to me that so much of the learning was practical and relevant. I enjoyed the whole course and have come away positive, inspired and optimistic.'
'Jon was engaging and inspiring. I learnt a lot about myself as well as types of behaviour in others and why certain behaviours occur.'
'The role play, the real examples, the theory, the sharing - it was all excellent.'
'This will be shared within my whole school. It will over time hopefully make such a difference to the key children we have and all those supporting them. It will help me look deeper into my practice and better support childrens needs.'