Earthwalks with Jon Cree
EARTHWALKS WORKSHOP WITH JON CREE
Date: 6th April 2020.
Lead Facilitator: Jon Cree.
Location: Mill Woods, near Laughton, East Sussex.
Time: 09.30 - 17.00
Booking: Please book online here.
Earth education is the process of helping people of all ages live more harmoniously and joyously with the natural world. One of the most commonly led earth education vehicles for encouraging people to connect to nature in a deeper way is an Earthwalk.
Earthwalks foster feelings of joy, kinship, reverence and love for the natural world - ‘a light, refreshing touch of nature that focuses on reawakening individual senses and sharpening perceptions in the natural world’.
“Earthwalks, an alternative nature experience” is the new Earthwalk book packed with old and NEW sensory based activities. The book works alongside the workshop to help with the ways of planning for and delivery of earthwalks.
This new publication is the culmination of many years work by the international organisation, the Institute for Earth Education, renowned for it’s earth education programmes and training workshops. This workshop will be delivered by one of the I.E.E.’s accredited trainers; Jon Cree.
What you will gain:
- An introduction to earth education and where Earthwalks ‘fit’ in our programmes
- A chance to plan and review your own Earthwalk
- Experience two different Earthwalks
- In-depth analysis on leadership, mechanics, and flow of an Earthwalk
- Tools and confidence to lead earthwalks
- An update on earth education developments