Forest Kindergarten Training CPD
FOREST KINDERGARTEN 'OPENING UP THE OUTDOORS' TRAINING
Date: 6th & 13th February 2020 OR 7th & 14th May 2020.
Location: Mill Woods, near Laughton, East Sussex.
Time: 09.00 - 16.30.
Booking: For the February course please book online here. For the May course please book online here.
A two day introductory course based on the Scottish Forest Kindergarten Model.
Forest Kindergarten is modelled on a Forest School approach and is based around child-centred learning through play in the Early Years. Forest Kindergartens offer young children frequent visits and regular play opportunities in a local, natural setting all year round – this could be a woodland, park or even a beach!
The aim of this two-day training is to develop Early Years practitioners’ skills to enable and empower them to make regular visits to a local greenspace/woodland.
What themes underpin this training?
- Based upon three themes- people, place and pedagogy (activities).
- The importance of sustained, free play for children’s development and engagement.
- The value of nature for well-being – both for child and practitioner.
- Making a connection with the natural world leading to long term environmental awareness and care for our world.
- Importance of reflective practice.
- How to prepare both yourselves as practitioners and your young children to go to a greenspace.
- Setting up a suitable site and setting boundaries with children.
- Preparing for risks (risk benefit model).
- Research on the benefits of playing and learning outdoors.
- Games and songs to support children with the routines of regular visits to a greenspace.