Life Initiation and Rites of Passage Training
Connection as a Way of Life
Life Initiation & Rites of Passage: Four part Training across the seasons and stages of life (February 2016 through to December 2016)
This four-part training is for anyone looking for an experiential programme that will enable them to be immersed in a year-long journey around the wheel of a human's Rites of Passage. The experiences and content of this programme are particularly applicable to anyone who is seeking ways to enhance their relationship with the natural world, to explore culture and community and how to bridge some of the indigenous ways of living with the modern world's systems and needs. We welcome people from all backgrounds and professions and believe this work is relevant to parents, anyone in a position of leadership, group facilitators, people who are working with children and youth, caring for elders or mentoring young adults. (Leaders of organisations, Group facilitators/Teachers, Nature/Youth Facilitators, Parents, Cultural creatives).
Summary of Life Initiation and Rites of Passage Training Outline Year One:
- Four seasonal gatherings over one year – Feb, May, Sept, Dec (each gathering for 4 days each SEE BELOW)
- 8 pre-recorded talks on Life Stages and rituals which honor each stage
- Exclusive supplemental text and media
- Introduction to the Advanced Connection Practices – i.e rituals of Life Initiations and Rites of Passage including an oppportunity to Vision Quest and Inipi (Sweat Lodge).
- Gender specific course material and teachings
- Support to implement these concepts into your personal and community life
Outcomes: You will recieve:
- An experiential immersion into practices which honor life stage and enhance personal and community development
- A Deeper understanding of the Map of Life, and how to read this map
- Insight and Understanding of the Universal, Natural, and Human Principals of Connection
- Simple and effective ways to incorporate concepts and honoring rituals in everyday life
- An opportunity to become a caretaker of Connection Rites (limited responsibility)
- Introduction to Advanced Connection Practices i.e the Inipi (sweat lodge), the Sacred Pipe (Chanupa) ceremony and others.
- Enhanced learning and support to develop a regular practice of Nature Connection Core routines.
- How to apply the Life Stage Honoring practices in the context of community (case by case basis)
- Development towards a facilitator of re-connection and connection optimization
- Placement on the path of the Visionary Trailblazer
We will be offering a ‘kids nature-programme’ alongside the Spring (Part 1) and Summer (Part 2) trainings during the weekends and have a small group mentoring programme on the week day part for a small group. Please contact for further details.
When: Early Spring Gathering Part 1: February 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th 2016 Summer Gathering Part 2: May 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th 2016 Autumn Gathering Part 3: September 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th 2016 Winter Gathering Part 4: December 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th 2016
Where: Early Spring Gathering Part 1: Waldron, East Sussex. Summer Gathering Part 2: Waldron and Laughton Woods, East Sussex Autumn Gathering Part 3: Waldron and Laughton Woods, East Sussex Winter Gathering Part 4: Waldron, East Sussex.
Full Cost: £1800.00 (Training fee only)
Concessionary Rate: £1550.00 (please see terms and conditions for Eligibility Criteria)
Booking Form and Terms and Conditions: Click Here
Contact: Marina Robb (07966 514469) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
These trainings are for anyone looking for an immersion experience in Life Initiation, Rites of Passage and Advanced connection techniques. It will include Inipi and an option for Vision Quest.
Listen to full audio track of Salvatore Gencarelle talking about the Woptura Lineage under which he was mentored including reference to Gilbert Walking Bull. This talk refers to the qualities of leadership, connected relationship, seven sacred attributes and songs.
Follow LINK HERE and scroll down to VIDEO TALK of Sal at Schmacher in November 2015
Click on the image below to read Sal's article in Sacred Hoop magazine describing his thoughts on how we became so removed from the natural state of honouring and respecting elders.
Many of us in modern society so desperately want to live lives full of connection and happiness. Yet we still often feel separate from nature, from community, and from our true selves. We want to live in healthy relationship with ourselves and nature, to return to balance. How can we if we don’t have balance within ourselves?
"This work is like fuel for the soul and has given me more strength and resilience at work, more peace in my life as a whole and a deep respect for these ancient teachings and the Lakota lineage they have been passed down through" (Life Within Participant 2014)
Historically cultures around the world had ways of honoring life stages – ways of helping infants grow into well grounded, completely connected individuals. It was through the honoring of life stages, sometimes called Rites of Passage that people grew into adults and eventually elders which were able to fully access their unique gift and share it with the community for the good of all.
These cultures had a deep understanding of the life stages each human being goes through as well as how a culture can meet the challenges and possibilities that come with these life stages. They also knew how to facilitate the transitions between the stages. This knowledge and understanding was necessary in order to prevent people from stagnating in their personal development and get stuck in loops of adolescent behavior, something we can often observe in modern societies. Instead individuals were enabled to unfold and blossom their own personalities and gifts to their fullness, with responsibility, aliveness and deep joy.
At the core of this training are techniques of how to be in balanced relationship the different aspects of yourself: Heart, mind, body and spirit. To become an integrated “whole” person.
During the training you will come to recognize and honor the transformative stages of life.
You will have immersion events where you will experience the Rites of Passage associated with various life stages. These highly refined practices follow the rhythms of life; they provide a natural template for building and maintaining balance and connection in oneself, within families, and within community.
"I highly recommend this and any future classes with Sal as the experience that he has is direct from almost two decades of mentoring which creates such a wealth and depth of understanding which I feel is very much needed at this time." (Heart and Song Training Participant 2015)
This training provides teachings about the elemental and universal principles of natural rituals, and how to directly apply these principles to your personal and work life. You will learn to communicate from a quiet mind without using any words and how to truly listen from your heart.
During the training you will be participating in a variety of nature based rituals, Vision Quest, Inipi (Sweat Lodge) and thus gain a knowledge that does not only settle into your mind, but will enable you to fully embody what you learn.
You will have the opportunity to take each section of the course and apply it into your life and community. The participants will be encouraged and supported to take the experience and concepts of to develop an event or gathering in their local area. The leadership team’s support to implement the course material into real life experience is a valuable opportunity, which all participants are encourage to take advantage of.
Do you wish for yourself and others:
- To understand the stages of life and thus will be able to live them to their fullness?
- To understand life transitions and the challenges that come with them, for boys/men as well as for girls/women?
- To undergo Rites of Passage that you have missed in growing up, so that you can access your full power as an adult?
- To learn to facilitate transitions for others
- To learn about the traditions of Life Stage Honoring as applied by Native American peoples
- To experience ancient, very alive and very powerful rituals and see where they will take you and how you can integrate their power into your own life and work?
- To find an access to your own cultural roots?
- To strengthen your intuition and ability to receive vision of what is coming and what is needed?
- To get to know and unfold your personal gifts and qualities?
- To immerse yourself in an intensive process of learning and discovery that will help you to grow beyond limiting ideas of yourself?
- To experience mentoring, learn about it and eventually give it on to others?
- To support social change?
- To support a healthy and happy future for the unborn generations and all of creation?
- To experience vibrant, healthy community with other participants, full of mutual inspiration and support
If you can answer one or several of these questions with “Yes”, then this training might be a great programme for you! This training will continue beyond Year one for people that are willing to commit further. Each Year focuses on different skill sets and connection techniques and is built on the previous year's experience.
Year one is for anyone looking for an immersion experience into Life Initiation, Rites of Passage and Culture connection techniques.
The experiences and content is especially applicable to people looking to understand how to enhance holistic relationships and bridge this into the modern world and systems.
We welcome people of all backgrounds and professions and believe this work is applicable to a diverse range of people (Leaders of organisations, Group facilitators/Teachers, Nature/Youth Facilitators, Cultural creatives, Community Stakeholders).