Play Structures with Jon Cree
Play Structures (one or two day course) with Jon Cree
Date: 12th & 13th November 2020 (you may attend both days or just one day)
Location: Mill Woods, near Laughton, East Sussex.
Facilitator: Jon Cree
Time: 09.00 - 16.30.
Cost: £175 for both days, £100 for one day.
Booking: Please book online here.
This course is for educators wishing to be a little more adventurous with creative play structures at their sites, building them out of wood and rope and combining these with the natural features at your site.
We will be sharing techniques and know-how on building safe but slightly risky (!) structures with children that can enhance creativity and physical play at your forest school site.
We will be looking at techniques for making:
- Rope swings, rope bridges, rope crawls and rope walks
- Combining wood with rope including simple rope ladders and tree houses
- Making free standing wooden structures such as ladders and sculptures to climb on
Including tips on:
- How to minimise impact of structures on Forest school sites
- Keeping within the health and safety guidelines for safe construction and use of natural structures